SHARE is hiring a Shareholder Engagement Clerk to assist the Shareholder Engagement Manager with administrative and research support for SHARE’s shareholder engagement service on social, environmental and governance (ESG) issues.
SHARE engages with publicly-traded corporations on behalf of a growing group of institutional investors on a range of issues including climate risk, responsible resource development, executive compensation and decent work. The goal of these engagement efforts is to improve the ESG performance of companies in our clients’ portfolios and help to build a more sustainable Canadian economy.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and organize electronic and paper records of engagement activity;
- Events planning and implementation e.g. webinars, roundtables, etc.;
- Scheduling engagement meetings with companies and other stakeholders;
- Scheduling meetings with policy makers, preparing briefing materials, and assisting with follow-up correspondence;
- Scheduling engagement team meetings, workshops, etc.;
- Prepare and proofread client reports;
- Collecting and organizing data for corporate engagements, special projects and reports; and
- Other duties as assigned.
The Shareholder Engagement Clerk will have the following skills and qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated research and administrative skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Communicates in a clear, concise, persuasive and accurate manner
- Ability to organize and maintain records of detailed information;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Interest in and enthusiasm for responsible investment;
- Fluency in English. Fluency in French an asset;
- Ability to work independently and comfortably at a variety of tasks; and
- Computer literacy (including MS Office).
The position is covered by a collective agreement and offers a competitive salary with vacation allowance, generous benefits and a 5% RRSP contribution. Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by 5pm (Pacific) on April 25, 2018. No phone enquiries please. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start date: May 7