Title: Communications Coordinator
Status: Full time, permanent
Reports to: Director, Responsible Investment Leadership
Applications close Tuesday, August 21, 2018
The Shareholder Association for Research and Education (SHARE) is looking for a communications professional to help engage our audiences and demonstrate the impact of our work in building investor leadership for a more sustainable, inclusive and productive economy. We are looking for someone with relevant traditional and digital communications experience. The successful candidate will share our passion for sustainability, be willing to work in a fast-paced non-profit environment and be able to leverage their skills to amplify SHARE’s work and achievements. The position requires a detail-oriented person with strong organizational skills who can wear multiple hats, manage priorities and perform tasks with minimal supervision. Strong written and oral communications skills as well as a positive attitude are critical. In addition to communications, the candidate will provide support with events and conferences.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of a communications strategy that will contribute to SHARE’s position as a responsible investment leader.
- Build relationships with journalists, editors, producers and other key media and place stories in print, radio, television and online media outlets.
- Manage SHARE’s digital communications tools and platforms including website, social media and e-newsletter.
- Create visual content including infographics, slide decks and memes to help communicate SHARE’s work and priorities.
- Oversee design and layout of publications, communications and marketing materials.
- Draft and edit SHARE publications, blogs, media releases and other key written communications.
- Help coordinate event logistics for courses, conferences and special events in close cooperation with other staff including communicating with event partners, speakers and participants, and sourcing and liaising with event suppliers and participants.
- Manage internal communications tools such as SHARE’s CRM, contact lists and webinar platform.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3-years’ experience working in a similar communications role
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively and appropriately for varied audiences.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to edit images and layout documents using Adobe Photoshop/InDesign.
- Proven computer skills in Microsoft Office, Mailchimp and CRM databases.
- Experience with Word Press content management system.
- Highly organized, accurate, attentive to detail, with excellent time management skills
- Positive, flexible and responsive attitude, professional image and team-oriented style
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Bilingualism an asset (French and English)
- Genuine interest in responsible investment.
The position is based in SHARE’s Vancouver office and offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, vacation allowance and a 5% RRSP contribution. This position is covered by a collective agreement.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by July 31, 2018.
For 18 years, SHARE has been building responsible investment leadership among institutional investors across Canada. SHARE works with a network of close to 100 institutional investors with more than $22.5 billion in assets under management. By bringing together like-minded investors and amplifying their voices, we seek to build a more sustainable, inclusive and productive economy. SHARE provides individual support, trustee and board education, research, corporate engagement and proxy voting services to pension funds, religious investors, university endowments, investment managers and foundations.