- This event has passed.
BC Pension Leadership Forum 2018: Facing Challenges, Finding Solutions
Feb 21 – Feb 22
For full details about the Pension Leadership Forum, including speakers, agendas and sponsors, please visit our event website at http://events.share.ca. You can also view the final agenda here.
To view photos of our public event on the topic “Investing for 2 Degrees: How can investors make the transition” at the SFU Beedie School of Business on Wednesday, February 21, click here.
To view photos of the BC Pension Boot Camp, Trustee Responsible Investment Master Class (Wednesday, February 21) and BC Pension Forum (Thursday, February 22), click here.
To view presentations from the event, scroll down.
- Protecting pension funds and improving issuer governance through securities litigation
- Mark Solomon, Partner, Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP
- Facing challenges, finding solutions
- Glenn Powers, Faculty Advisor, SIAS and BEAM Portfolios, Simon Fraser University
- How is workers’ capital meeting today’s challenges?
- Building trustee leadership by José Meijer, Vice-Chair and Member, Board of Trustees, Pension Fund ABP – Netherlands
- Innovative infrastructure investing in Quebec by Mario Tremblay, Vice President, Public and Corporate Affairs, Fonds de solidarité FTQ
- Inequality and decent work by Shannon Rohan, Director of Responsible Investment, SHARE
- Canada’s economic outlook for 2018 and beyond
- The pension policy agenda for Canada
- Real assets: implications for workers, labour rights and labour standards
- Rod Pickette, Capital Strategies Officer, Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Hot pension topics: Legal and actuarial perspectives
- Lisa Chamzuk, Partner, Lawson Lundell LLP
- Greg Heise, Partner, George & Bell Consulting
- What new investment products are on the horizon?
- Philip Falls, Practice Leader and Senior Investment Consultant, PBI Actuarial
- Andrew Sweeney, Vice President & Institutional Portfolio Manager Phillips, Hager & North, Chair at BC Cancer Foundation
- Marg Romanow, Benefits Officer, Saskatchewan Union of Nurses, Healthcare Pension Board
- Pension innovation: Building retirement security for all