- This event has passed.
Investor Workshop: Exploring investor-led strategies for achieving decent work in Canada
November 10, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Thank you to all those who participated in SHARE’s Investor Workshop. The presentations are available to download via the links below.
Income Inequality: Intra-Corporate Pay Gaps – Jackie Daitchaman, MSCI
Investor Strategies for Achieving Decent Work – Shannon Rohan, SHARE
Why Investors Profit More from a Propserous 99% than a Loaded 1% – Armine Yalnizyan, CCPA
Join the Shareholder Association for Research and Education (SHARE) for this half-day investor workshop to gain a broader understanding of the performance benefits for investors when the companies they invest in pursue a decent work strategy.
The session will also explore the investment risks associated with companies pursuing low-wage and precarious work strategies and propose opportunities for Canadian investors to address these risks by identifying key workplace performance metrics and seeking improved disclosure by companies on their approaches to labour practices and workforce management.
DON’T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY to hear from other investors about their approaches and to share your own insights on the potential for investor-led strategies to improve corporate workplace practices in Canada.
The event is free of charge and designed for pension funds, endowments, foundations, religious investors as well as investment managers and consultants. Space is limited so register early and secure your place now.
- Zeynep Ton, MIT Adjunct Associate Professor at the Sloan School of Management and Author of “The Good Jobs Strategy”
- Mike Musuraca, Managing Director, Blue Wolf Capital Partners LLP, Former Trustee of NYCERS, Co-Chair of Verité Board and Independent Director, Sustainalystics
- Armine Yalnizyan, Economist, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- Jackie Daitchman, Senior Associate, ESG Research, MSCI
- Shannon Rohan, Director of Responsible Investment, SHARE
For more questions or further information please contact:
Director of Responsible Investment, SHARE
+1.206.701.6656 | [email protected]
This event is being hosted as part of the VALUING DECENT WORK initiative – a joint initiative of SHARE and the Atkinson Foundation.