Title: Events Coordinator
Status: Full-time, six-month contract
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
Location: Vancouver, BC
Closing date: 5pm (Pacific) on Thursday, September 5, 2019
Salary: $48,412.76 annually and offers vacation allowance
The Events Coordinator will assist in all aspects of event promotion, organization, execution and marketing. The Events Coordinator will support the organization of SHARE’s annual Investor Summit taking place in February 2020 as well as smaller events related to SHARE’s programs including the Reconciliation and Responsible Investment Initiative.
- Coordinate all logistical requirements for SHARE events (2020 investor Summit), webinars, and educational workshops across Canada including venue, AV and catering.
- Communicate with event stakeholders including partners, sponsors, donors, organizing committees and service providers such as caterers, printers and hotels.
- Develop, track and report on event plans to SHARE team and partners.
- Contribute to the development of agendas including researching, identifying and communicating with potential speakers.
- Help create and carry-out marketing campaigns for SHARE events and courses.
- Help meet event registration and sponsorship targets.
- Create content for, edit and coordinate print-based event materials.
- Help create and execute program evaluations to measure event success.
- Act as key contact point and volunteer coordinator at events during event set-up and execution.
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in marketing, special events or a related discipline, or a combination of related education and work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in an event coordination role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, with excellent time management skills
- Experience in and/or preference for working in a small office and/or non-profit environment
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a professional, friendly disposition who utilizes discretion and diplomacy
- Enthusiastic team player with an ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- General knowledge of responsible investing or impact investing considered an asset
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office,
- Experience with Adobe Professional software considered an asset
- Familiarity with WordPress and Salesforce
- Experience working with various social media platforms, particularly LinkedIn and Twitter
The position is covered by a collective agreement, has an annual salary of $48,412.76 and offers vacation allowance.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to click apply by 5pm (Pacific) on Thursday, September 5, 2019. No phone or email enquiries please. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHARE is a leading not-for-profit organization in responsible investment services, research and education. We work with a growing network of institutional investors helping them to become active owners and develop and implement responsible investment policies and practices.