- Shoppers Drug Mart reported it is working to identify and eliminate toxic chemicals such as phthalates and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) used in a range of products.
- EnCana Corporation, Imperial Oil, Nexen, Talisman Energy, and Trican Well Service were asked for information about protecting water resources from hydraulic fracturing.
- Adoption of an advisory vote on executive compensation was requested at 34 companies as part of SHARE’s Say on Pay initiative.
- 64% of shareholders at the Methanex Corporation AGM supported Meritas Mutual Funds‘ Say on Pay proposal.
- Thomson Reuters Corporation included a Say on Pay vote in the agenda for the company’s 2010 AGM for the second year.
- A conference call was held with Quebecor Inc. to discuss its recent efforts to ensure that its paper procurement practices are sustainable.
- SHARE met with Goldcorp senior management to hear the company’s response to an independent Human Rights Assessment of its Marlin Mine in Guatemala.
Download File: Shareholder Engagement Report Q2 2010