SHARE is seeking an individual passionate about and committed to building a more sustainable, inclusive and productive economy and contributing to a vibrant, growing and values-driven organization. The successful candidate is a motivated self-starter. They believe that effective data collection and data management are essential to building powerful and impactful research and advocacy.
Title: Data, Research & Administration Associate
Status: Full-time, permanent, union
Reports to: Director of Shareholder Advocacy
Location: Toronto or Vancouver (remote to start, due to Covid-19)
SHARE is an award-winning Canadian non-profit in the responsible investment field. SHARE is dedicated to mobilizing investor leadership to build a sustainable, inclusive, and productive economy. SHARE provides shareholder engagement, proxy vote analysis, education and training, policy advocacy, and practical research to a growing network of values-driven investors with more than $70 billion in assets under management. SHARE is the only non-profit, unionized, living-wage-certified shareholder advocacy organization in Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Shareholder Advocacy, the Data, Research and Administration Associate plays a key role in the administration and delivery of SHARE’s engagement program, including database management, data collection, and development and implementation of client and public-facing reporting and administrative support.
The key responsibilities outlined below are interpreted as being descriptive and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
- Working with the director and collaboratively across the SHARE engagement team, the Data, Research and Administration Associate is responsible for:
- Database administration
- Maintenance and management of clean and accurate client records, including regular large data imports;
- Maintenance and management of clean and accurate records of public companies, including collection of data from public and third-party databases, and large data imports;
- Development and maintenance of additional internal reporting and functionality for the SHARE team.
- Ongoing development and maintenance of client and public facing reporting tools, including generating custom client reporting at regular intervals and developing systems to track progress on engagement outcomes.
- Working with the Director, develop additional database and analytics tools as appropriate, including public-facing databases.
- Research and Administrative Support
- Using a combination of internet research, public and proprietary databases, assist in data collection and records maintenance for engagement program, including the collection of public disclosures and collecting and maintaining records of key dates.
- Identify relevant and reliable data sets, subscriptions and research tools;
- Provide administrative support to engagement program, including assisting with shareholder proposal filings and client communication, maintaining and organizing electronic and paper records of engagement activity;
- Conduct data collection and analysis as appropriate for engagement research.
- Assist with preparation of data for engagement research and presentations as appropriate.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
The successful candidate demonstrates the following core competencies:
- Experience and proficiency in administering computer software and databases, including collaborative tools and CRM databases, is required. Direct experience with Salesforce, Apsona, and Zoho Analytics are considered strong assets;
- Ability to conduct internet research, collect and analyze data sets from public and proprietary databases;
- Excellent record-keeping, organizational and time management skills, including the ability to set priorities and balance competing deadlines and pressures;
- The ability to develop, adapt and implement efficient and effective systems and processes;
- Ability to work independently on a variety of tasks and contribute as part of a team;
- Excellent problem-solving and strategic thinking; common sense; discretion and tact;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Terms and Conditions of employment, including salary, hours of work, vacation and benefits, are set under the SHARE-USW Collective Agreement.
- SHARE offers a comprehensive health benefits plan. Staff participate in a defined-benefit multi-employer pension plan.
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, work will primarily be remote from home or other suitable location, with a phased return to SHARE’s offices planned in accordance with guidance from public health authorities. Ordinarily, work is in a standard office environment, based out of one of SHARE’s offices.
- Occasional overnight and international travel required, once health restrictions allow.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or appropriate combination of relevant experience.
- Minimum three to five years’ experience as an administrative professional and/or database administrator.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French is considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge of responsible investment a strong asset.
- SHARE’s Vancouver office is located on the unceded territory of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. SHARE’s Toronto office is located in the territories of the Mississaugas of the Credit, Anishnabeg, Chippewa, Haudenosaunee and Wendat peoples.
- SHARE strives to embody its values of fairness, inclusion and justice in its hiring and employment practices and has a strong commitment to employment equity. SHARE staff are represented by the United Steelworkers.
- SHARE seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. While all qualified candidates are invited to apply, we particularly welcome applications from women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, or people of colour and LGBTQ+ candidates.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by 5pm PST on Thursday, June 3, 2021.