- This event has passed.
2019 Responsible Investment Workshop for Religious Investors
November 21, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
On November 21, 2019 almost one hundred investment decision-makers from religious organizations met to discuss the responsible investment of endowments, church pension funds and other assets. The day included time to network and meet new people. Almost one-third of those present were attending for the first time.
Please find below links to download the agenda, speaker biographies, presentations, and links to additional material.
Finding our way to investment aligned with the Paris Agreement goal of 1.5oC
- Trends in Climate Change – Joy Williams, Senior Advisor at Mantle314 Consulting
- Investing aligned with the Paris Agreement – Adam Matthews, Director of Ethics and Engagement, Church of England Pension Plan
- Reconciliation and Responsible Investment – Shannon Rohan, Chief Strategy Officer, SHARE
- Indigenous Entrepreneurs and Indigenous Business Strategy – Gerry Huebner, Chief Strategy Officer, National Aboriginal Capital Corporation Association
Canada’s Expert Panel on Sustainable Finance – Barbara Zvan, Chief Risk and Strategy Officer, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and member, Federal Government Sustainable Finance Expert Group
2019 Proxy Review – Kevin Thomas, Chief Executive Officer and Mishal Sayed, Research Analyst, SHARE
Discussion questions: Religious investors in a mainstream RI world
Links to SHARE handout material
- SHARE 2019 Engagement snapshot
- SHARE 2018 annual report
- SHARE Make Your Vote Count
- Moving Capital, Shifting Power; Identifying Opportunities for Investors to Enhance Demand for Indigenous Employment, Advancement and Contracting.
- Advancing Reconciliation in Canada; A Guide for Investors
- The Straight Goods; Canadian Business Insights on Modern Slavery in Supply Chains
- Valuing Decent Work in Your Investments A Guide for Investors